Are you starting to plan your travels for 2015? So many countries to choose from. So many places to visit. So many adventures to be lived. It is not easy to choose a travel destination. Here some help from us to make sure you make at least one right choice next year. If you have been to Costa Rica and liked the experience, take a look at Nicaragua.
Why Nicaragua. Here are our TOP 5 Reasons for Nicaragua:
- Safe to Visit: Contrary to what your perception might be, it is a safe country to visit. Many might still think of civil wars, Iran-Contra Affairs and the Sandinista Revolution, but in reality, Nicaragua has a stable democracy and some of the lowest crime rates in Latin America. See more details on safety in Nicaragua.
- Low Key and Authentic: The experiences you will have in Nicaragua are real and not staged. Very few tourists visit Nicaragua every year in comparison to other popular destination in Latin American such as Mexico, Costa Rica or Peru. Take advantage of this and visit before it becomes too popular.
- Friendly People: Nicaraguans are very friendly and welcome visitors from around the world with open arms. Although, Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, people are happy and smile a lot. Some might be shy at first, but once they open up, you will feel their warmth and hospitality.
- Great Value: Nicaragua is a great value. Compared to South American countries like Brazil, where the cost of living is close to the one in the US or Europe, it is easy to find a great meal on the street for a couple bucks, buy artisan crafts at a real bargain at a local market or get a massage for a fraction what it would cost you at home.
- Amazing Food: Most people think of Mexico and Peru as the most important culinary destination in Latin America, but Nicaragua has a lot to offer. Maybe not the sophistication in preparation, but the grass fed beef and the freshly caught sea food from two Oceans and Lake Nicaragua are spectacular.
Did we convince you? Do you have questions? Contact us! When you come, you should visit the volcanoes, the beaches and do not miss Granada and Lake Nicaragua. We would love for you to stay with us at Jicaro Island Ecolodge on Lake Nicaragua and show you the best of Nicaraguan Hospitality.
Jicaro Island Ecolodge is a member of the Cayuga Collection of Sustainable Luxury Hotels and Lodges.