We invite you and your family to come to Costa Rica or Nicaragua and help us create the greatest green & sustainable family vacations in the world. You can apply now on the Cayuga Collection Website and help us design the perfect symbiosis between sustainability and a high quality, some would say even luxurious, experience while on a family vacation.
Every year, we receive hundreds of families at our sustainable luxury hotels, resorts and eco lodges in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. The families leave happy and pledge to come back year after year. But we know in this competitive world, we need to constantly up our game. So in order to make sure they continue to have the best possible experience at our operations we are looking for help from families to create the “Greatest Green Family Vacation” in the world. You can apply here and deadline is May 17th.
Here are some of the ideas which have driven us for years when designing family vacation experiences. Now we just need your family’s input to improve upon them!
What makes for a GREAT Family Vacation? We think it is all about these four elements: Experience – Learn – Connect – Relax
- Experiencing adventures and activities together that become unforgettable memories.
- Learning about different cultures, learning a new language or other skills,
- Connecting with the people in the destination and with re-connecting with each other. Listen and share stories and ideas with each other.
- Relaxing, taking time to do nothing but enjoy the surrounding nature, sounds of wildlife and spectacular scenery.
What makes for a GREEN Family Vacation? We think it is about sustainable and eco-tourism.
- Assist conservation efforts by planting a tree in a private rainforest reserve.
- Interact with local families in a game of soccer and help out at local festivities.
- Visit a local school, share stories of where you are from, play some soccer and help with music lessons.
- Take one of our behind the scenes sustainability tours, discover how we work on being carbon neutral and reducing our carbon footprint. Pick up ideas you can use at home
- Discover local food and recipes, learn how to make traditional dishes, celebrate local culture and languages
- Learn how we conserve nature, protect wildlife and help sustain local communities through tourism.
Are you getting inspired? Do you have more ideas? Can you help us create the perfect itinerary for a seven day family vacation. Are you interested in applying as team of family vacation experts? If you are chosen you will then choose a minimum of three properties for a complimentary seven night stay, including food and beverage, tours and other amenities. You can apply here and deadline is May 17th.
Participating Family Travel Destinations in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
- Lapa Rios Eco Lodge on the Osa Peninsula: Literally in the middle of the rainforest, surrounded by nature and wildlife, a true tropical Costa Rican experience.
- Harmony Hotel Nosara: Laid back with yoga and spa for mum, amazing beach and surfing for everyone else, and the juice bar and sushi bar are not to be missed!
- Finca Rosa Blanca Coffee Plantation Inn: Amazing culinary tours, birding, volcanoes ,cloud forests and zip lines close at hand.
- Arenas del Mar Resort in Manuel Antonio: The best of both worlds, with rainforests and ocean on either side, full service spa, and outstanding food.
- Jicaro Island Ecolodge in Lake Nicaragua: Choose a lake experience, with swimming, kayaking volcano explorations, exploring the streets of nearby Granada and Baseball with the local kids.
- Latitude 10 Resort in Santa Teresa: Family Surf Vacation or some horseback riding along the beach. Staying in your own private casita has many perks.
- Hotel Grano de Oro in San Jose: Exploring the vibrant capital city of Costa Rica, colonial charm with museums, theater and great restaurants close by.
You can apply here and deadline is May 17th.